Low Light Mixes - 1969
Eclectic mix with a space theme: David Bowie, Air, Brian Eno, Prog Rock, Jazz, Ambient and Trip-Hop. Featuring tracks from the same year, and mellow enough for a Sunday evening:
I’ve been on kind of a moon binge lately. It started with watching HBO’s excellent series, “From the Earth to the Moon.” Then I read “We Reach the Moon,” a book written in 1969 by John Noble Wilford, the NYT science reporter.
Next I moved on to the wonderful film, “For All Mankind.” Beautiful images and of course Eno’s remarkable soundtrack, “Apollo : Atmospheres & Soundtracks”.
So my head has been stuck on the moon in 1969. And that is the genesis of this mix, 1969. All the music used in this mix is either from 1969, related to the moon or both. 11 of the tracks are actually from the year 1969.
The tracks by Re-Drum were entirely made using sampled music from ‘69. The 2 Air tunes are from the new soundtrack, “Le Voyage Dans La Lune(a trip to the moon)”.
01. “We Choose To Go To The Moon” Speech - John Kennedy
02. Landing On The Moon - Apollo 11
03. 1969 - Boards Of Canada
04. Space Oddity(Sébastien Bédé Remix) - David Bowie
05. Space Oddity Continues(Demo Version) - David Bowie
06. Moonchild - King Crimson
07. Sanctuary - Miles Davis
08. Moon Fever - Air
09. Sysyphus Part 4 - Pink Floyd
10. Poppy Nogood And The Phantom Band - Terry Riley
11. In The Beginning - Genesis
12. Spaced Seven - Soft Machine
13. Drum - Time - Re
14. Man On The Moon - Don Cherry
15. Seven Stars - Air
16. Drum - The Last Breath - Re
17. Music In Contrary Motion - Philip Glass
18. Walking In Space - Mort Garson
19. Silver Morning - Brian Eno & Daniel Lanois
20. Across The Universe(Beatles Cover) - Phosphorescent
21. Drum - Armstrong - Re
22. Always Returning - Brian Eno
More info and download links at Low Light Mixes here