DIY Phone Signal Blocking Pouch
Instructions from the KILLYOURPHONE.COM workshops to create a simple tech privacy-focused pouch for your signal sending device:
The pouch has a very simple design. Of course you are invited make something more fashionable but this version is very easy to make and it works. Make it any size you want! (Tablet etc) To make it fit most common current smart phones I usually make the pouch 10 x 20 cm. IMPORTANT: What ever you do make sure you fold the material on all sides to make sure the radio waves can’t get through!!
Tutorial for a 10 x 20 cm pouch:
- Cut 12 cm stripes from your roll [HF+LF Shielding] blocking fleece.
- Make pieces of 50 x 12 cm, each for one pouch. (i.e. from a 1 m roll stripe you’ll get 2 pieces.)
- Fold your 50 x 12 cm piece in length to 25 x 12 cm
- Fold again the long sides, each 1 cm and pin them with needles.
- Sew two straight seams on the left and right side.
- Fold the opening at least 2 times! Find a paper clip or clamp to close the pouch.
The project also has a FAQ for doubters … you can check the project’s website with more valuable information here